With fall fast approaching I plan to give this a try. It comes from the Sep/Oct 2005 issue of Quick Cooking, offered by Edna Hoffman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine cider and orange slices.
- 2Place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and orange peel on a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- 3Bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- 4Add to pan.
- 5Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- 7In small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Discard the spice bag.
- 9Ladle cider into mugs.
- 10Dot with butter mixture.
- 11Serve while still hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered Orange Cider
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: