Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
With fall fast approaching I plan to give this a try. It comes from the Sep/Oct 2005 issue of Quick Cooking, offered by Edna Hoffman.
- In a large saucepan, combine cider and orange slices.
- Place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and orange peel on a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- Add to pan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Discard the spice bag.
- Ladle cider into mugs.
- Dot with butter mixture.
- Serve while still hot or warm.
This is a great drink to warm you up on a cold day! I didn't have any oranges, so I substituted a little orange juice. Thanks for sharing!