Recipe by Bone Man
Do you have some leftover baked or deli ham? This is a great way to turn it into a family home-cooked meal. The recipe comes from Clover Valley Foods (dry pasta producers) and is an inexpensive solution to producing an easy, good-tasting and filling supper. Preparation time includes cooking the noodles. Enjoy!
Top Review by RSL
The ham mixture in this recipe is out of this world, but when combined with the noodles the noodles just overwhelm the ham, and all you taste is the noodles. Next time I make this I would cut the noodles about in half. The ham mixture would also make a fantastic frittata base, I think.
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked au dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, julienned
- 2 cups cooked ham, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the onions for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for one additional minute.
- Add the ham, spices, and herbs and then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the ham blend to the cooked noodles in a large cooking pot and stir carefully.
- Add in the butter and Parmesan cheese and simmer over low heat until butter and cheese have melted. Serve.