Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was making Shrimp Scampi on evening and forgot about a side dish. I raided the cabinet and refrigerator and this is the result. It was a big hit. We really like garlic, so you may want to back off on it.
- 226.79 g egg noodles, cooked (per package directions)
- 59.16 ml butter
- 6 garlic cloves, fresh garlic, chopped
- 141.74 g jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into strips
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in small sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cook under low heat for about five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until well blended.
- Combine noodles, sauce and chopped parsley in a large bowl. Toss until well mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Very nice quick pantry sauce! I had a little over 4 oz medium egg noodles I wanted to use up so halved this recipe but used a full Tbsp tomato paste and 3 oz tomatoes. A little oily from the jarred tomatoes but good flavor. Served with Baked BBQ Chicken and The Best, Most Simple Corn Casserole!!. Thanks for sharing!