Recipe by Marie
A very quick and easy recipe to use as a side or main dish. On the table in no time and so delicious!
Top Review by puppitypup
Marie, this is one of those recipes that I wish I had discovered twenty years ago - so simple and so good! I turned the heat off before adding the egg mixture and stirred until it seemed done, just a minute or two. I used dried parsley too, but the flavor was still delicious! By the way, I used egg noodles rather than thin noodles. Thanks for a keeper!
- 1 lb thin noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until well combined.
- When the noodles are almost cooked, melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Quickly drain the pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Toss briefly to coat it with the butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and using a flat wooden spoon, mix quickly together for less than a minute until the eggs and noodles become creamy and thick.
- Do not cook the eggs too long or they will scramble and ruin the dish.
- Serve immediately.