Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very quick and easy recipe to use as a side or main dish. On the table in no time and so delicious!
- 1 lb thin noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook noodles in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk until well combined.
- When the noodles are almost cooked, melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Quickly drain the pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Toss briefly to coat it with the butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and using a flat wooden spoon, mix quickly together for less than a minute until the eggs and noodles become creamy and thick.
- Do not cook the eggs too long or they will scramble and ruin the dish.
- Serve immediately.
We were mixed on how we liked this. (Two 4-star and one 2-star). I thought maybe adding some type of veggie would be good (like sauteed mushrooms). I made this in combination with Recipe Zaar "Buttered Egg Noodles" and it was really buttery.
Excellent! I used dried cilantro instead of parsley and lemon pepper.
I make egg noodles with peas in butter all of the time for my kids and they love it, so I thought this would be a new spin on that. I halved the recipe and added about a cup of frozen peas to the butter before adding the noodles back in. Because I added the peas I added just a bit more butter(less than a tbl.). I did not add the salt or pepper for the kids sake and just added it to my personal serving. We just had it for lunch and we ALL loved it. It's creamy and delicious and so simple. Thanks again Marie...I have a long list of your wonderful recipes saved and can't wait to try them all!