Recipe by dividend
Made with penne and the parmesan, this is a meal in a pinch for me, needing maybe just a slice of toasted bread rubbed with garlic. Made with curly egg noodles, this is an ideal side for anything from a piece of a cooked turkey to a thick beef stew.
Top Review by noodlenut
Hey... For the grown up version, add a capful of worshire sauce and a dash of garlic powder. This will add a much needed twist on "buttered noodles." If your not cooking "in a pinch," mince a few garlic cloves instead of garlic powder. -Noodle Nut
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles or 1 1⁄2 cups penne
- 1 tablespoon butter
- flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. For this amount of pasta I would boil at least 2 quarts of water. When the water is boiling, add at least a tablespoon of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water. For the egg noodles, cook 5 minutes from the time the water comes back to a boil; for the penne, cook 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the butter into small bits, and chop the parsley.
- Drain the pasta well, and transfer immediately to a large serving bowl. Toss with the butter (and optional parmesan).
- Sprinkle with the parsley, and grind on lots of black pepper.