Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made with penne and the parmesan, this is a meal in a pinch for me, needing maybe just a slice of toasted bread rubbed with garlic. Made with curly egg noodles, this is an ideal side for anything from a piece of a cooked turkey to a thick beef stew.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. For this amount of pasta I would boil at least 2 quarts of water. When the water is boiling, add at least a tablespoon of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water. For the egg noodles, cook 5 minutes from the time the water comes back to a boil; for the penne, cook 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the butter into small bits, and chop the parsley.
- Drain the pasta well, and transfer immediately to a large serving bowl. Toss with the butter (and optional parmesan).
- Sprinkle with the parsley, and grind on lots of black pepper.
Hey... For the grown up version, add a capful of worshire sauce and a dash of garlic powder. This will add a much needed twist on "buttered noodles." If your not cooking "in a pinch," mince a few garlic cloves instead of garlic powder. -Noodle Nut
Cool. <br/>Cool cool cool.
Thanks dividend. I have been on the hunt for a great buttered noodles recipe. This one was very good with the optional Parmesan as essential and a few sprinkles of garlic salt instead of regular salt. The flat leaf parsley or parsley flakes sprinkled are also required. This makes a nice side dish with any meat really. We enjoyed it. Will make again and again with some sort of garlic salt added. This is very light and well received by all. Enjoy! ChefDLH