Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rich, hearty soup that is perfect for cold nights.
- 1 medium onion
- 6 ounces carrots, diced
- 2 ounces red lentils
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3⁄4 pint vegetable stock
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 pint double cream
- Chop onions and fry until soft.
- Add carrots, lentils, stock, mustard, paprika and sage.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add butter and milk powder.
- Allow to cool and blend with handblender or food processor.
- Add cream and heat through before serving.