Buttered Homemade Noodles
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the yolks, whole egg, and water.
- Add 3 cups of the flour and mix well to combine into a dough. Sprinkle kneading surface with the remaining flour. Turn dough out onto floured surface. Gently knead dough into a ball. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- On floured surface, roll out dough to 1/16-inch thickness. Let dry for 1 hour.
- Cut into strips at a width you prefer (1/4 to 3/4 inch wide).
- Cook in boiling salted water* for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and toss noodles with butter or margarine. Sprinkle with crushed crackers.
- **Note:** Instead of water, you can cook the noodles in boiling broth, if you like.