Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This gives an interesting lift to tired old boiled veg.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, about the size of the top joint of your thumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 pint water
- Peel and cut the ginger into matchstick slices.
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over a rapid heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Drain and serve with a small knob of butter on top.