Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and delicious side dish passed down from my great-aunt. Goes great with pork tenderloin! Note: Butter & onion quantities can be adjusted to taste - this is the closest to what I use on a regular basis, which is lighter on both the onion and butter than the original version.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice onion, and put into casserole dish with rice.
- Pour beef consomme & water over rice & onion.
- Cut butter into pats and layer on top of mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 60 minutes or until rice is done.
Perfect rice! I used 3 tablespoons of salted butter and dried minced onion. Baked for one hour in a covered glass baking dish. Very good flavor and an easy no fuss way to make it. Will definitely make this rice again! Thank you EllenMoran for posting your families recipe.