- 2 cups black walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk, scalded
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute black walnuts in the 3 Tbs. of butter & let cool.
- Combine sugar,flour & salt,slowly stir in hot milk.
- Cook 10 minutes over low heat,stirring constantly.
- Stir small amount of cooked mixture into beaten eggs,return to milk mixture & cook 1 mniute.
- Chill in refrigerator,then pour in ice cream freezer & add cream & vanilla.
- Churn in freezer for about 15 minutes,then add black walnuts & finish freezing.