Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you want a more contrasting recipe cook the celeriac in separate water than the beets - otherwise it turns beet colored.
- Pare beets and cut into cubes.
- Bring salted water to a boil and add beets, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pare celeriac and cut into cubes. Add to beets and continue simmer for another 20 minutes.
- While those are cooking in a skillet saute onion in butter until tender.
- Drain beets and celeriac. Add onions to veggies and toss with vinegar and oil. Serve hot.
This was my first time trying celeriac. I liked it. It goes well with beets. I cooked them a few minutes more. I didn't taste the vinegar and oil. Maybe a bit more would be great. Thanks Nyteglori :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag