Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my sisters Church Cookbook.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dip chicken in canned milk, then roll in flour, salt and pepper mix.
- Melt butter in shallow baking dish.
- Put floured chicken in pan, skin side down.
- Bake uncovered in hot oven, 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, pour mixture of soup, water and milk over and around chicken. Bake 30 minutes longer or until tender.
Thank You! I added potatoes to this and my DH and MIL LOVED this. It was so easy!!! Add some peas as a side and biscuits and there's the whole meal.
This was easy enough to do. I used boneless skinless thighs and it worked well. I'm thinking that chicken with the skin on it plus an entire stick of margarine/butter would make it much too greasy. I only had about 1 1/2 lbs of thighs so I had a bit of sauce left over. I would probably want to increase the sauce mixture if I were going to use 3-4 lbs of chicken. My suggestion would be to cut down the margarine to 1/2 stick and increase the gravy. Be prepared for a very generic tasting chicken dish. Good, but nothing to wow you over. I think next time I would add mushrooms to the gravy or possibly some sour cream or both! I will make again though and try to change it up some.