Recipe by senseicheryl
This is listed as a new side dish on the www.pillsbury.com website.
Top Review by Kathy(
Love it, love it, love it! The taste reminds me of warm pumpkin pie! I first made this recipe several years ago, and was delighted to find it posted on Recipezaar. Thanks for sharing this recipe with everyone.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) buttercup squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut squash into quarters; remove seeds. In ungreased shallow baking pan, place pieces, cut sides down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Spray 1-quart casserole with cooking spray. Scoop squash pulp from skin; place in medium bowl. Discard skin. Add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and butter to squash. Mix with potato masher or fork until well blended. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with chives and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot.