Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is listed as a new side dish on the www.pillsbury.com website.
Make and share this Buttercup Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) buttercup squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut squash into quarters; remove seeds. In ungreased shallow baking pan, place pieces, cut sides down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Spray 1-quart casserole with cooking spray. Scoop squash pulp from skin; place in medium bowl. Discard skin. Add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and butter to squash. Mix with potato masher or fork until well blended. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with chives and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot.
Love it, love it, love it! The taste reminds me of warm pumpkin pie! I first made this recipe several years ago, and was delighted to find it posted on Recipezaar. Thanks for sharing this recipe with everyone.
It was good. My 11yr old liked it and he doesn't like squash. I forgot the salt and didn't have chives so i just skipped that part.
Very tasty and easy! I topped mine with chopped pecans and a little more brown sugar. Thanks!