Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. I first had this at her house and was scribbling the recipe down almost immediately. We don't always have butterscotch chips, milk chocolate chips work well with the recipe too.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grease a 14x10" roasting pan.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Put the nuts and popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Bring the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips, vanilla, baking soda and salt until everything is blended and smooth.
- Working quickly, and using two wooden spoons, pour the syrup over the popcorn and nuts.
- Stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven, cool mixture in pan for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely.
- Break the popcorn into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight containers in cool dry place.
For some reason, this turned out a little dry for me. I don't know if it is supposed to? At any rate, everyone else really liked it and it was gone right away.
I made as stated and it turned out Great, be sure to stir while in the oven. Otherwise, the caramel settles to the bottom and you get a slightly burned taste. This had just the right blend of caramel/butterscotch, definitely worth it!
We LOVED this recipe! Thanks so much for posting it! I made it with whole almonds (a lot of them!) that I toasted in the toaster first. It was nice and crunchy, and not sticky at all. The flavor was better than any candy popcorn that I have ever had! I wish I could give it more stars!