Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
For quick sundaes, layer the graham cracker mixture with the butterscotch filling in parfait glasses.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed butter brickle, candy bars, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350*. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c crushed candy, melted butter and sugar in a medium bowl; mix well. Lightly grease 9 inch pie plate; press crumb mixture on bottom and up side. Bake crust until lightly golden, 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan; mix well. Add milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold butterscotch mixture into whipped cream. Spoon into pie crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy. Chill until well set, 4-6 hours. Store in refrigerator.