Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious and rich dessert that can be made ahead and frozen for later use. It is a beautiful Christmas dessert.
- Lightly grease a 9x9" square pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the crushed vanilla wafers in pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Slight separation is normal. Spread this over vanilla wafers.
- Sprinkle 3/4 c of the remaining wafers over the top of this layer.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream until thick. Fold in cherries. Spread this as the next layer.
- Sprinkle remaining wafers over the top. Cut into portions while still in the pan with a knife dipped in water. Garnish each piece with a cherry half.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or freeze.
My favourite dessert of all time! This recipe however forgets to tell you where to add the powdered sugar! You add it to the butter but before the eggs are added. It also forgets to tell you to make sure eggs and butter are at room temperature, if not it will not blend correctly.