Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious and rich dessert that can be made ahead and frozen for later use. It is a beautiful Christmas dessert.
- Lightly grease a 9x9" square pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the crushed vanilla wafers in pan.
- In a bowl, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. Slight separation is normal. Spread this over vanilla wafers.
- Sprinkle 3/4 c of the remaining wafers over the top of this layer.
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream until thick. Fold in cherries. Spread this as the next layer.
- Sprinkle remaining wafers over the top. Cut into portions while still in the pan with a knife dipped in water. Garnish each piece with a cherry half.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or freeze.