Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This one is thanks to Emeril
- 10 2⁄3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until it is soft and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and the mint extract and beat at low speed until the mixture is thick, creamy, and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Cut 2 large sheets of plastic wrap and place on your work surface. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and place each on the plastic sheets. Roll the mixture into the plastic wrap, forming it into logs about 1/2-inch in diameter. Wrap the plastic wrap securely around the logs and chill for 4 hours.
- Pinch off about a rounded teaspoon of the butter cream and shape into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on parchment or waxed paper and flatten with the tines of a fork. Refrigerate in layers of parchment paper in an airtight container until ready to serve. Mints will keep for up to 1 week.