Recipe by Marla Jones
These are very decadent, but quite good and easy. I wouldn't eat them very often if I were dieting. The amount varies, as you can cut them to whatever size you like. When I made them they came out to about 60 pieces, so I'll use that number.
Top Review by Cathyrn R.
Just made two batches of this recipe. Added cocoa powder to the first batch. Mint chocolate. What could be better. Used orange extract for the second batch, orange creams. Very nice
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mint extract or 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter, whipping cream, and salt into a pot and heat almost to a simmer, stirring often.
- Turn off burner.
- Add 3/4 tsp mint or peppermint extract and stir.
- At this point, you can also add the food coloring if you like, and also stir.
- Add 4 cups powdered sugar.
- Stir, then knead until smooth.
- Take small pieces and roll like a rope.
- Cut into bite-size pieces with clean pair of scissors.