Recipe by Lainey39
This icing is very good on a French vanilla cake - or any cake for that matter!
Top Review by 2Bleu
I used butter flavored Crisco for the shortening. Although this was tasty, we prefer all butter. I guess it's a mental thing that we couldn't get past,.. eating shortening. But it's still great if your low on butter.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, clear
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and shortening with mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. If necessary, add more milk to reach the desired consistency to spread on cake.
- Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. Keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container. This icing can be stored for two weeks. Rewhip before using.