1/2 Photos of Buttercream Icing
This icing is very good on a French vanilla cake - or any cake for that matter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and shortening with mixer.
- 2Add vanilla.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- 4When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. If necessary, add more milk to reach the desired consistency to spread on cake.
- 5Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. Keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use.
- 6Refrigerate in an airtight container. This icing can be stored for two weeks. Rewhip before using.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1206.2
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 156.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g