Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
BIRTHDAY CAKES and DECORATING! Your job will be easier using a frosting that spreads easy and also has wonderful flavor! This recipe has been used by my relatives and is a winner!
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- Cream butter and shortening together with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and 1 cup of sifted sugar at a time. Beat well on medium speed scraping bottom and sides often. Frosting will appear dry. Add milk and beat at high speed along with a few drops of food coloring (optional). Add more milk for thinner consistency.
- Frosting can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week. Rewhip before using.
- Notes: Clear vanilla extract may be used, if desired. For a large cake double the recipe.
- Great for birthday cakes!
The most amazing buttercream frosting ever! It is ideal for decorating cakes. It mixes with colors very well and spreads on smoothly. The taste is pretty good, and that's that I don't even like buttercream that much. Thanks!