Recipe by Chef_Vanessa
A delicious buttercream frosting my grandma found in a magazine. I had to make a cake for my friend's birthday, so I asked her for a buttercream frosting. It's just so easy to make, plus its delicious! Now whenever I need to ice a cake or cupcakes, I use this recipe! Enjoy!
- 6 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 -8 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3 cups icing sugar, butter, shortening, 4 tablespoons milk, and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add remaining icing sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add more milk 1 tablespoons at a time, as needed, for good spreading consistency.
- If needed, add food colouring to make coloured icing.
- Spread onto cake or cupcakes.