Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I received this recipe from one of our local bakers. I just love it to decorate my cakes with.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Separate and tint frosting with icing colors as desired.
Just what I was looking for, thanks. O'h ya fast too.