Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am pretty picky when it comes to butter cream icing. I find that most are hard to pipe or are kind of gritty. This is the best icing I have ever come across and so easy to make. It actually looks like whipped cream if you add all 6 tablespoons milk and it is super white if you use the clear vanilla.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla
- 2 lbs icing sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons very cold milk
- Cream unsalted butter, salt, and shortening with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly add icing sugar, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Once all the sugar is thoroughly mixed, begin adding the milk one tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Continue to add milk until icing reaches desired consistency.