Recipe by MTpockets
These are little Chocolate Covered Buttercream Balls that are similar to a truffle except the filling is made from cream cheese and best of all these are pretty easy too. Recipe came from the inside of a package of butter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Softened (no substitutes)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 Cups, Use a good quality brand)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (unflavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add vanilla and continue beating until mixed well.
- Reduce Speed to low and gradually add all of the powdered sugar and blend well.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place onto waxed or parchment paper - lined cookie sheets. Cover Loosely and refrigerate until firm. (2 hours or overnight)**** If dough is too soft to handle, refrigerate it for about an hour or until it's firm enough to roll into balls.
- For Coating: In a 1 quart saucepan or double broiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Poke a toothpick into each buttercream and dip buttercreams into chocolate mixture, let excess drip off, and placed onto parchment/waxed paper - lined cookie sheets and refrirgerate until coating sets. (at least 1/2 hour)Remove toothicks and serve.
- Store refrigerated. Cook time is chill time.