Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is the recipe for Classic American Buttercream from 'The Buttercup Bakeshop Cookbook' by Jennifer Appel I LOVE this buttercream - the trick is to whip the butter until VERY FLUFFY
- 236.59 ml butter, very soft
- 1892.72 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl - whip for 3-5 minutes until very fluffy.
- Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and combine well.
- Add milk & vanilla and continue to combine.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until frosting is thick and spreadable **you may not use all 8 cups**.
Very good!! And very easy to make!! This is a keeper!
brilliant brilliant i love it mmmmmmmmmm
This is so much better than other buttercreams that I've made or eaten. The initial whipping gives it a great texture.