Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Standard buttercream- very buttery
Make and share this Buttercream recipe from Food.com.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in bowl of standing mixer;
- place bowl over pan of simmering water. Whisking gently but constantly.
- heat mixture until thin and foamy and registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer.
- Beat egg mixture on medium-high speed with whisk attachment until light, airy, and cooled to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium and add butter, one piece at a time. .
- Once all butter is added, increase speed to high and beat 1 minute until light, fluffy, and thoroughly combined.
- (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 days.).
This is the only buttercream frosting I use. I LOVE IT!!! It's a little more work but worth it!