Recipe by Hazeleyes
This recipe comes from an old church cookbook. And although I'm a fan of chocolate,these yummy bars are scrumptious!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate-covered toffee bits
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine, white and brown sugars together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture, stirring well.
- Fold in butter brickle bits, and chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Can be frosted with chocolate frosting.