Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just like Harry Potter drank! From the blog "Pastry Affair"
Make and share this Butterbeer recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 4 (12 ounce) bottles cream soda, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar with 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F (115 degrees C) on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally. If you don't have a candy thermometer, bring to a gentle boil and turn off the heat after about a minute of cooking.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir until smooth. Cool mixture to room temperature before using.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the remaining cream (1/2 cup) with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar syrup.
- In each glass, mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar syrup with 1/4 cup cream soda. Pour in the rest of the cream soda until it is nearly to the brim of the glass. Top with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately!