1/2 Photos of Butterball Cookies
These tasty little cookies are a breeze to make. Very good with caramel sauce instead of jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3With a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- 5In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- 6Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat just until combined.
- 7If the batter is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 8In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy.
- 9Place the coconut on a plate.
- 10Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- 11Taking one ball of dough at a time, dip first into the egg white and then lightly roll into the coconut.
- 12Place on the prepared baking sheet spacing about 1 inch apart.
- 13Using your thumb, make an indentation into the center of each cookie and fill with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- 14Bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are set and the coconut has nicely browned. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterball Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 33.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g