Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These tasty little cookies are a breeze to make. Very good with caramel sauce instead of jam.
Make and share this Butterball Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat just until combined.
- If the batter is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Place the coconut on a plate.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Taking one ball of dough at a time, dip first into the egg white and then lightly roll into the coconut.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation into the center of each cookie and fill with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are set and the coconut has nicely browned. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.