Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old family favorite from my childhood. It's quick and easy and straightforward for kids to make. You will need two tubes of inexpensive refrigerated biscuits (not flaky style)- the Zaar lexicon and I couldn't reach an agreement on how to describe this appropriately in the ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Open biscuit tubes and separate the biscuits.
- Dip each biscuit into the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange 15 of the biscuits around the outer edge of the pan, overlapping to make a circle. Overlap the remaining 5 biscuits to fill the center of the pan. Pour any leftover melted butter over the biscuits and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.