Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I came across a while back, and really enjoyed. Unfortunately I never wrote down how many it made, so I'm not able to tell you this detail. If you make them and find out before I make them again, please let me know how many it makes! :) Thanks! Enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat your butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl combine flour and finely ground walnuts.
- Little by little add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cover your dough and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
- Take a quarter of your dough at a time out of your refrigerator, and roll it out to a quarter inch thickness.
- With a lightly floured glass rim, or any other desired shape you wish to use, and cut your cookies out and place on an parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until they are just lightly browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven and immediately remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are fantastic. I half the recipe, put them by tablespoon onto cookie sheets, roll them into balls, then press them down with a fork to flatten them. They bake for 8 min and make about 30 cookies. Again fantastic.
After making the dough, I used just enough dough to cut out 4 cookies so I can't tell you how many it makes. The texture was just a tad crumbly for our preference but these are delicious! Thanks for posting!