Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from Southern Living Magazine. It's easy to make and uses ingredients that most of us have in our kitchen. It's delicious plain or with fruit, ice cream or whatever your imagination can create! (Time includes prep and baking, but not cooling time.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time just until they are well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to butter mixture alternately with half & half. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Beat each addition at low speed just until blended.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for an hour or an hour and 10 minutes, until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and put on wire rack until cool, about 30 minutes.
What a delicious cake! I used this for my daughter's bday cake, and baked it in 2 9-inch round layer pans. Took approximately 50 minutes to bake at 325. She requested a strawberry filling, so I took the quick and easy route of using preserves. Topped with the frosting from Recipe #427763 and then decorated it to look like Pac-Man! :-D HUGE success and now I don't know how I will keep from eating all the leftovers up all by myself!
Thank you so much for giving me the perfect recipe to use when someone (oddly) doesn't want a chocolate cake (my specialty!) This will go in my permanent file.
Absolutely delicious cake!! Easy to throw together... I cut my cake in half and just dusted one half with powdered sugar as in JuneBugs pictures. The other half I drizzled a 1/2 recipe of Chef #89831 's Recipe #120835. Both version were amazing and to my chagrin the only dessert with no leftovers at a party of 10!
way too sweet for my taste.