Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Florence Popp, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it #38,782.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- You'll need a coffee cake dough recipe #40265.
- Melt butter, add sugar, beaten eggs, sifted dry ingredients and vanilla.
- Spread on dough after it has risen.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
Fantastic! This comes up light and fluffy. It is kind of cake-like as well. The flavour isn't too sweet, which was good because it didn't over power the coffee cake. I used this topping on your recipe #40265. Thanks for posting. I will be making this one again!