Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Florence Popp, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it #38,782.
- You'll need a coffee cake dough recipe #40265.
- Melt butter, add sugar, beaten eggs, sifted dry ingredients and vanilla.
- Spread on dough after it has risen.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
Fantastic! This comes up light and fluffy. It is kind of cake-like as well. The flavour isn't too sweet, which was good because it didn't over power the coffee cake. I used this topping on your Coffee Cake Dough. Thanks for posting. I will be making this one again!