Prep 1 min
Cook 9 mins
A great "I Can't Quit Eating This!" snack ready in 10 minutes or less! For those who prefer more of a butter toffee taste for their caramel corn. I tweaked the usual microwave caramel corn recipe so it wouldn't have that Cracker Jack -almost-burned taste. For those who prefer that taste, microwave the popcorn/peanut mix for one more minute.
- 2 bags of microwavable light butter flavored popcorn
- 1 cup of cocktail peanuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large brown paper bag
- Pop one package of microwave popcorn, and pour into a large grocery bag, reserving a small bowl of popcorn so there is lots of toffee to go around.
- Pour one cup of peanuts over popcorn.
- Microwave second bag of popcorn, and pour into bag over other popcorn and peanuts.
- In a microwavable glass bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave for three minutes.
- Immediately after removing from microwave, stir in baking soda (it will foam a bit) Pour this mixture into the paper bag over the popcorn/peanuts and shake.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Remove bag and shake up.
- Microwave for one more minute.
- Pour Toffee Popcorn/Peanuts out on wax paper, foil or on trays.
- Throw out bag immediately so dog does not eat it!
I thought this was great! Easy, fast and not a lot of cleanup. A couple of suggestions... Be sure to pick out the un-popped kernels before adding anything to the popcorn.... Add a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. of salt when you stir in the baking soda... After you spread out the finished product on a baking sheet, put it in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the oven door a crack. When the oven is cool in an hour or so, break apart the carmel corn and put it in an airtight container. Really yummy.
This was great, I wish I'd have pulled out all the unpopped seeds first!
This was awsome! Put it together in mins with my 13 year old. She loved it and we had fun being in the kitchen together. All the ingredients I had on hand and clean up was a breeze. I did add 1/2 tsp real vanilla. Thanks for the recipe!