1 hr 45 mins
These are wonderful. Caramelly and nutty on a buttery crust!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1Preheat oven to 370F (175C); line 9”x13” pyrex baking dish with foil.
- 2For pastry: In mixer, cream butter; add sugar and lemon peel and beat until light and fluffy; combine flour, salt and cornstarch in small bowl; mix to blend; add to butter and mix just until dough starts coming together; press dough into baking dish, forming 1 inch high edges; pierce all over with fork.
- 3Bake until starting to colour, piercing with fork if pastry begins to puff during baking, about 40 minutes; remove from oven, maintaining oven temperature.
- 4For topping: Combine butter, brown sugar and honey in saucepan; whisk over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil; boil without stirring until mixture thickens and bubbles enlarge, about 1 minute; mix in almonds and hazelnuts; remove from heat and stir in cream; spread topping in crust; bake until caramel bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- 5Cool in pan, on rack; remove from pan, using foil as aid; cut into 1 1/2 inch squares; keep in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Toffee-Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g