Recipe by Amber 505
Butter Toffee Cookies.... what a wonderful indulgence!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I made these with store bought toffee bits that didn't have any chocolate and they were excellent!! I like chocolate, but do not need it in every dessert. They came out crispy and soft in the middle like you said. I used a 1 in cookie scoop and got 40 cookies...I did add some chocolate chips to the last dozen for DH and MIL and they tasted good too but I preferred without. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups toffee pieces (home-made butter toffee or store-bought bits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add toffee pieces to mixture.
- Mix creamed mixture and dry mixture together.
- Use rounded tablespoon to measure dough.
- Place dough at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- *If you have time to chill the dough before baking, do so! You will have cookies that are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.