Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This another recipe I found in my Land O Lakes Best - Loved Recipes Book. Sounds so delicious!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup English toffee bits (**)
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add buttermilk, egg, baking soda and vanilla to remaining flour mixture. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Combine reserved flour mixture, nuts and toffee in medium bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted inches.
- center comes out clean.
- *Substitute 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand 10 minutes.
- **Substitute 5 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-coated toffee candy bars, finely crushed. Freezing the candy bars makes them easier to crush.
Wow, what a great recipe diner. I too love Land O Lakes, couldn't wait to make this treat. So glad that I left it till now, so it gets the attention it deserves. So very yummy, excellent flavor, great texture, quick and easy to make. I made as written, but baked in two different pans. Made one pan, exactly as written, I used pecan peices and in the other pan I substituted coconut for the nuts. Dh is allergic to nuts, this way we both enjoyed this treat. He loved it as much as I did, both versions were wonderful. My convection gas oven cooks fast, both pans were done in 30 minutes. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest - Family Picks - 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets.
Delicious, and really easy to make. I used hazelnuts this time, next time I'll use pecans, I think. This is a perfect coffee cake - I'd be happy to serve this to the most picky guests! Thanks, Diner, for another fantastic recipe! Made for PRMR Tag.
This is wonderful cake! The nut and toffee bits topping is what makes it so good. It's very simple to make, too. I baked mine for about 35 minutes and it was done perfectly. Made for Photo Tag.