Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
I make these butter tarts only at Christmas. They are small morsels of sweet sublime. I always use whole pecans--each tart gets its own crown of a whole pecan before baking.
Top Review by 2Bleu
I made these in mini muffin tins and they were so easy to make. I used pecans for the tops. These little treats taste somewhat like a pecan pie or also perhaps pecan waffles. These would look great on a party tray.
- 12 tart shells
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low; add all the remaining ingredients except the raisins and/or pecans.
- Do not let it boil or the egg will cook.
- Fill tart shells (I use ready-made ones) only 2/3 full and top with a whole pecan if desired.
- Bake at 450°F for 8 minutes and then reduce temperature to 350°F for 15-20 minutes until delicately browned.