Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An after school treat that youngssters will dance over!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare muffin pans by rolling out pie dough and cutting 4-inch circles; fit dough circles into muffin cups; set aside in fridge until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the soft butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup; stir well until sugar is dissolved and butter is creamed.
- Add vinegar, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Divide butter mixture into all tarts, not filling more than 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425F for 5 minutes; reduce heat to 375F and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes (filling will be lightly browned but still bubbling).
- Let cooked butter tarts cool in pans for 10 minutes after removing from oven; then remove and place on racks until completely cool.
Easy recipe, goes together quickly tastes good. I used half maple syrup for the corn syrup so next time will try it the way it was writen. Thanks for a better answer to store bought tarts.