Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother in law taught me how to make these the first Christmas that we spent together. It was a very special time for me and I will never forget it. This is a recipe that her family has made since time began, and no Christmas day would be complete without them!
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 24 prepared tart shells
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour boiling water over raisins to cover them.
- Let raisins stand until plumped, then drain and dry with paper towel.
- Arrange in tart shells.
- In a medium saucepan stir butter and sugar together.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Combine over low heat until just blended.
- Spoon mixture into unbaked tart shells, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Do not allow filling to boil over.
- Remove onto cooling racks immediately.