My mother in law taught me how to make these the first Christmas that we spent together. It was a very special time for me and I will never forget it. This is a recipe that her family has made since time began, and no Christmas day would be complete without them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Pour boiling water over raisins to cover them.
- 3Let raisins stand until plumped, then drain and dry with paper towel.
- 4Arrange in tart shells.
- 5In a medium saucepan stir butter and sugar together.
- 6Add the corn syrup, eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- 7Combine over low heat until just blended.
- 8Spoon mixture into unbaked tart shells, filling each about 2/3 full.
- 9Bake for 15-18 minutes. Do not allow filling to boil over.
- 10Remove onto cooling racks immediately.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared tart shells