The "tart" in this recipe doesn't mean tart as in sour. These are very sweet. The "tart" comes from the fact that the filling is traditonally a tart filling. These are very easy to make and a nice bar/square/slice. This recipe is from an old newspaper clipping from the Vancouver Sun Newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Base, cut butter into flour and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar until crumbly.
- 2Press mixture into a buttered 9 inch square pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- 4For filling, combine eggs, 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla and walnuts; whisk together.
- 5Pour filling onto baked base.
- 6Return to the oven; bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7Cool before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Tart Squares
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 141.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g