Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The "tart" in this recipe doesn't mean tart as in sour. These are very sweet. The "tart" comes from the fact that the filling is traditonally a tart filling. These are very easy to make and a nice bar/square/slice. This recipe is from an old newspaper clipping from the Vancouver Sun Newspaper.
- For Base, cut butter into flour and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar until crumbly.
- Press mixture into a buttered 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- For filling, combine eggs, 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla and walnuts; whisk together.
- Pour filling onto baked base.
- Return to the oven; bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.