A lovely alternative to tarts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- 3Shortbread Base: In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together.
- 5Press onto the bottom of your greased pan and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until pale golden in color.
- 6Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- 7Filling: With a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- 9Then beat in the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 10Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the baked shortbread base.
- 11Then pour the filling over the raisins and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- 12Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Tart Squares
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 67.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g