1/1 Photo of Butter Tart Squares
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that was handed down to me from my mother-in-law. These squares are also on my Christmas baking list and let me tell you, they get gobbled up in no time anywhere I take them! Beware, this recipe is not for someone watching their sugar or calorie intake. Decadent and ohhhhhh sooooo YUMMY! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For base: Combine flour & sugar. Cut in butter until it resembles crumbs. Press mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 325 f for 15 mintues.
- 2For filling: Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing each one in well. Add vanilla, baking powder and flour.
- 3Sprinkle raisins over cooled base. Spread filling over top and bake at 325 f for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool until set.
- 4Can be put into the fridge an hour before cutting into squares for easier slicing.
- 51 1/4 hours time allocated for this recipe includes prep time.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Tart Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g