Recipe by Nibblets
This is a recipe that was handed down to me from my mother-in-law. These squares are also on my Christmas baking list and let me tell you, they get gobbled up in no time anywhere I take them! Beware, this recipe is not for someone watching their sugar or calorie intake. Decadent and ohhhhhh sooooo YUMMY! :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- For base: Combine flour & sugar. Cut in butter until it resembles crumbs. Press mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 325 f for 15 mintues.
- For filling: Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing each one in well. Add vanilla, baking powder and flour.
- Sprinkle raisins over cooled base. Spread filling over top and bake at 325 f for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool until set.
- Can be put into the fridge an hour before cutting into squares for easier slicing.
- 1 1/4 hours time allocated for this recipe includes prep time.