Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
All the flavour of butter tarts with less fuss. Gooey and delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Mix butter, icing sugar and flour into crumbs.
- Pat mixture into bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Mix brown sugar, melted margarine, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Beat well with a mixer.
- Pour mixture over partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
A very dangerous recipe. Just the flavour that I was looking for. I've started making it with pastry flour. It makes the crust a bit more melt-in-your-mouth. I also soak the raisins for 15 minutes. Terrific addition!!