I found this recipe in the local paper, who's source was "The Great Cdn. Muffin Bake-Off, Chatelaine, April 1966." I tried it and was pleased.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thompson seedless grapes (a full flavored raisin)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1In a medium saucepan, cook raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and rum flavoring, stirring frequently, until it is slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble.
- 2Cool slightly, uncovered.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, stir tog the dry ingredients.
- 4Make a well in the centre and pour in warm raisin mixture, stirring just until combined.
- 5Spoon muffin mixture into 12 greased muffins cups.
- 6Sprinkle walnuts over top of each muffin.
- 7Bake at 375°F for 17 minutes or until centre tests done.
- 8Remove from oven and immediately pour 1 tsp syrup over each muffin.
- 9Cool about 10 minutes before removing them to cool on rack.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Tart Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g