Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
In Norway this dish is usually served with the Norwegian national dish, cod! May I suggest Lemon Baked Cod (Ovnsstekt Torsk Med Sitron)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new baby red potatoes (the tiny ones, about 1-inch, if yours are larger, cut in half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons dill, fresh
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or 10" skillet. Add potatoes, stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low, shaking the pan occasionally until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Put in serving dish, pour any remaining butter over and sprinkle with fresh parsley or dill.
Very delicious and easy. I used gold potatoes instead of the red as that is what I had on hand. Turned out buttery and creamy.
This is a great way to roast potatoes! I let them cook a little longer than specified and they were really delicious. Will definitely keep this recipe on my list for the future. Made for PRMR, November, 2013.
This is such a simple yet delicious recipe! Used baby red potatoes and at the end of cooking sprinkled with fresh parsley. Definately one to make again and again and try with some different fresh herbs. Made in Memory of Pammyowl.